Thursday, April 2, 2009

teo's stripes



oil on birch panel
10" square
$375

There are two things I have re-discovered this week: Trader Joe's and oil painting. Both of which I was deprived of for far too long due to, well, babies. Well worth it though, of course. But yes, Kieran is now quite happy to sit in a shopping cart and flirt with other shoppers while I navigate us through Trader Joe's. I used to order pretty much everything and have it delivered, which isn't bad, but not the same as actually going out and getting to buy nice things for crazy cheap. And talk to real people. Love how small the store is too, I don't feel like I'm compeeting in the Iron Man if I forget the milk at the opposite end of the store.

As for the oils, Teo's Stripes is my first oil painting in years. Kieran is now going to bed earlier, and I actually get a real chunk of time before he figures out that the pillow isn't me. Which means time to paint!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. And painting on the birch is heavenly.

And here are some photos of the kiddos. Isn't Maïa's little top just the most adorable thing you've ever seen? I realize that the craft matches perfectly. This was unintentional...Maïa picked out the felt from her craft box. Or maybe she's really that coordinated. Watch out Martha!





teething and none too happy, poor little dude.



No comments:

Post a Comment