Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cannon Beach


Just got home from a relaxing week with the family at Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast. We stayed in a funky little 30's cottage two houses from the beach and one block from 'downtown' Cannon Beach. We are sporting rosy cheeks and freckles due to walks on endless beaches, a wind that reminded me of England, and yes, even some sun. Grandma came along, and it was wonderful to get my husband to myself sans kiddos. I even managed to gain some weight (for those of you who don't know my crazy metabolism, this is indeed remarkable!) and convinced Lonny to get a dog (for those of you who don't know how rational and head-strong my husband is, THIS is even more remarkable)!

We were sad to leave, but happy to find our little house again and relieve the brimming mailbox, give some love to our love-starved cats, and mow the meadow that had become our front yard. I am amazed at how much our garden grew in one week! My chard and lettuce were just sprouting when we left and now my raised bed is actually looking like a proper veggy garden with everything starting to get nice and plump. So exciting.

Can't wait to get painting...my head is full of sky and silver waves and red lady-bug boots running through lemon sand. Yum.























No comments:

Post a Comment