Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First...

First butter lettuce, chard and dill from the garden


We got a dog!!! I've been bugging Lonny for, oh, about 13 years now, and it finally happened! We got in touch with our local Greyhound shelter and went out last Sunday to meet a few dogs, not expecting to find one on our first visit. But we had barely parked the car when I was welcomed by a dog at the gate and it was love at first sight. Crazy but true. He looked at me with his big copper eyes and that was that. And he happened to be cat and kid-friendly. And available. And he was even the first dog they brought to us. We have named him Griffin, and despite two trips to the vet in five days for injured paws due to his extreme clutziness, he is settling in nicely. As you can see for yourself:


First nap in the grass (and obviously hating it)


Not the first time looking silly


Oh and it's HOT today. It is after 7pm and I am still melting as I type this. I don't do well with this heat thing. And it looks like we've skipped Spring altogether and jumped right into Summer. Grumble. But the good news is that we did enjoy the first cherries of the season at the Farmer's market today, as well as our first lettuce, chard, and dill from our very own garden! Delicious. And Maia had fun picking them, in fact she wanted to pick everything in the garden but I somehow managed to convince her not to.


First cherries of the season

And I was so busy being nostalgic in my last post that I didn't mention (well, not properly at least) Kieran's 1st birthday! My baby turned one (sniff sniff) last Tuesday. We celebrated with ice-cream cake (which he approved of), friends and family.

That's our news for the time being, and now I am going to stand in front of the fan and eat ice cubes.

Kieran's 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment